Company Mission

We recognize that the key to the longevity of the Company is directly related to the loyalty of our valued customers. Accordingly, we will strive to provide our customers with the highest level of personalized contact and service which is the basis upon which the Company was founded. We will continue to provide our customers with the innovative equipment and process solutions with the objective of supplying quality state of the art technology and will remain committed to achieving the customers complete satisfaction.

History

1915

Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® was founded as a tool and die manufacturing company in Newark, New Jersey by Otto Weber and George Scher.

1917

Two (2) years later, George Scher purchased the interest of Otto Weber and became sole owner and President of the Company.

1924

Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® expanded activities into design and building of special machinery.

1930's

The Company entered into the wire and cable field with George Scher's patented development of a range of machines for winding Automobile ignition coils. Shortly thereafter, the Company entered into an agreement with General Cable Company for the exclusive supply of coil winding machines.

1940's

Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® was retained by the Western Electric Co. to develop and furnish the prototype equipment for producing the "Alpeth" (single corrugated shielding tape) and "Stalpeth" (dual corrugated shielding/ armouring tape) composite cable sheath constructions. After adoption of the "Alpeth" and "Stalpeth" sheath construction by the Bell system, Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® furnished production equipment to the various Western Electric Co. manufacturing facilities.

1950's

Western Electric Co. made a license available to independent cable manufacturers for producing the "Alpeth" and "Stalpeth" construction. Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® now almost totally devoted to the wire and cable industry, began to supply metal tape shielding and armouring equipment to independent cable manufacturers both in the United States and abroad.

1960's

William Scher, now Chairman and CEO, joined the Company and developed a range of equipment for the wire and cable industry throughout the 1960's.

1970's

Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® expanded their sales activities throughout South America, Europe and into the Far East.

1980's

Gregory K. Scher, now President and COO, and J.Douglas Scher currently Vice President and CFO joined the Company.

1990's

Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® introduced a specialized system for producing continuous longitudinal seam welded smooth and corrugated metal tape sheath constructions using T.I.G. and H.F. induction welding technologies.

1997

After 82 years in Newark, New Jersey, the Company relocated their operations into a new state of the art facility in Lebanon Borough, NJ.

1998

Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® entered into a global agreement with Dussek Campbell™, U.K. who was the pioneer in developing and furnishing cable filling and flooding systems. This provided Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc. with exclusive rights to manufacture the complete range of Dussek-Campbell production equipment.

2004

Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® (WEBSCHER)®©, Lebanon Borough, New Jersey, USA, has acquired the assets of AFA™ Industries from Watson International, Paterson, New Jersey, USA.  This new acquisition brings together the technical expertise of both companies to provide Weber & Scher and AFA™ customers with superior technical support and an expanded range of advanced equipment solutions from a single, complete and fully integrated source.

2015

Weber & Scher Mfg. Co., Inc.® (WEBSCHER)®©, celebrates 100th Anniversary!